View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 08:51 PM
maxxm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The one thing I Feared...

Originally Posted by dirtboy
My theory is this has to do with the Crossfire itself. Either corporate is not wanting to do warranty work or the dealer has no clue how to fix it. Somehow, someone it's getting paid so they want to wash their hands of it.
That is precisely the problem. The Crossfire's internals are unlike anything else sold by Chrysler, and there are so few of them around that it isn't worth the effort to try to learn what to do with them. DCX should let Mercedes techs handle warranty work since they are familiar with the engine and drivetrain through nine years of servicing the first generation SLK's, but that seems to be a problem for DCX's brand engineering image. I also have an E-class AMG, and Mercedes treats it well, but at a considerable price. It could do the same thing with the Crossfire, but apparently they just don't want to have a Chrysler in their shops or on their lots. If DCX told them they had to do it, then they would, but obviously that direction isn't coming down from above, and there isn't much we can do about it at this point -- except to find good dealers and good techs in as many markets as possible and publicize their names so that they get most of our business.