View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Electric Messiah
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Premium Care plans

Thanks XFLTD.

In a nutshell, this is what I've found out... and all my questions were not answered.

LTD is correct. $150 within 30 days of purchase. This is the transfer fee from the 3/36 to the 7/70 powertrain warranty.

All the extended warranties kick in after the standard warranties run out. So, I don't see any point in purchasing an extended warranty at this time. I will pay the $150 transfer fee.

There may be an exception to this, which was also not answered... the Premium extended warranty also covers things like car rental, additional towing assistance, hotel expenses, etc. This sounds like anyone else's Roadside Assistance plans, such as the one I have with AAA.

What the 2 Dealerships were not able to answer:

- Detailed coverage's of my current 3/36 warranty and 7/70 warranty. They said things like interior lights were covered, but could not provide any detail to the coverage's in writing. Best I could get out of them was "Everything except wear parts."

- Whether or not I already have the 7/70 "at this time". They say the only way for me to find out is:
1. Ask the Dealer I purchased the car from (who i don't want to ask, because I no longer trust them).
2. Ask Chrysler. But they probably won't have record of it for another week or two. I will do this in a week or two.
3. Pricing that matches each other's quotes.

As far as background to all this... not too surprising. The following occurred the day of purchase.

When purchasing my car, I had already lined up financing through my credit union, but I wanted to know what the Dealership would offer me. They REALLY wanted to finance me. They did the following ploys.
1. Quoted me an interest rate at their "best we can do", which was 1.5% over my Credit Union.
2. When I told them my Credit Union rate, they lowered theirs to .01 below that. Hence they lied.
3. Pushed extended warranties. Pushed harder after I requested they look up my car's coverage's as a 2nd owner and they realized I had the 3/36 not the 7/70 Powertrain.
4. Pushed 'their preferred warranty company (Western General, or something) and said "we are getting away from the Chrysler extended warranties as of the 1st 2007"... after I asked if their WG coverage was Chrysler.

A couple days later, after doing some research, I called and directly asked if the Chrysler X warranty is still going to be available. They said Yes, both X Warranties would be available and they would sell the Chrysler one on request.
5. They never informed me that these X Warranties would go into effect after my current warranties expire. They were trying to get an additional $2,100 out of me for X Warranties.

This is all deceitful to me. May be common business practice for 5 Star dealerships, but it isn't acceptable to me.

Regardless of all this, the 2nd Dealership who didn't sell me the car is much closer to home. They bent over backwards to answer my questions. They obviously want my maintainace business.

Lastly, what I planned on doing and didn't have time to do today (it was just too sunny and nice, so I had to go for a drive instead) was call & visit my selling Dealership and ask about the X Warranties one more time. Make them think I'm ready to buy by convincing me this is something I need now. Set them up to lie to me again. Then I was going to go to the Dealership manager and inform him just how displeased I am over all this crap. I'll give them the option to compensate me before I report them to mother Chrysler, as if that would do any good.

Soo... that is the status of things, including polite ranting.

Ack... where is the spelling checker?

Last edited by Electric Messiah; 12-13-2006 at 08:54 PM.