View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
HDDP
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Aerodynamics Help

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Woody, that's always the trade off isn't it...just wanted to know if you (or anyone else here) have any thoughts on adding to front end DF for Derek's effort. We've had a discussion some time back about front end splitters (for aesthetics only in that discussion) but might that be a possiblity (is it legal in D's class?) to help with off setting drag from rear end spoiler/wings?

I have some friends in F1 land who are connected to teams...I don't what I can find out but i'll see if they have some resources they can point D to.

Derek...having looked at the point system in your class...now I can see how ur mods/weight reduction and such have put you in this fix.....will the wings/splitters just add to the problem or are you well within (low enough points) where aero upgrades won't move you up to "B"?
I'm firmly planted in TTC this year. No getting around it. So now that I'm in that class, I have some more modification points to play with, thus the reason for the installation of the rear aero wing which added +3 points... The splitter has been discussed with my mechanic, as well as a full belly pan and a few other things. We still are looking at ways to lighten the car even more. I'm down to about 2,570 lbs. which has turned this thing into a rocketship in acceleration. If I can shave another 100 lbs and then goose another 20hp out of the car, I'll be happy.

PS: This car is not pretty now... It's chopped-up and cut-up and needs a good clean-up paint job with cool graphics. But I promise you, it will be the fastest damned Limited in the US when I get done with it....