Thread: Got Renntech?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 11:20 AM
screaminjoe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Got Renntech?

Originally Posted by Steve Hellums
I'm looking for some SRT6 guy's on here who have a Renntech pulley & ECU upgrade. I'm getting ready to get one of these kits for my SRT6, but I would like to know a few things before I make the plunge. I have PM'ed eracer76 because he is one of the only guy's I've seen on here that has this kit, but he has not responded to it, or maybe he didn't receive it. Some of the things I would like to know are:
1 - Is it really worth the $3,000?
2 - What do they say about the effects on the factory warranty?
3 - What are they claiming for their warranty?
4 - If you think their kit, mainly the ECU remapping is not performing like it should or if somehow you think it went back to the OEM program, what are they claiming they will do about it, (remap it for free) ?
5 - Can you really feel the difference, (in the butt dyno)?
I would greatly appreciate any input or advice.
I haven't had experience with the Renntech set up, but I have played a lot with the programming of the Xfire ECU and my experience has been, if all you are going to do is the ECU, then typically a good programmer can get about 28 hp from it. If you are going to do the ECU with the pulley, the ECU on its own will probably only add 10 hp, not worth the $$, if Renntech even sells the pulley separate. I have installed 2 Evosport pulleys, without their ECU upgrades and got the same MPH gain, which directly relates to hp gain, that Renntech results have shown (with their ECU and pulley). So my thoughts are, why spend $3,000, for their setup (ECU and Pulley), when you can spend $1,900 for Evotechs dampened pulley by itself and get the same results. Both of the installs I did the mph in the 1/4 went from 105/106 to 109/110, which is approximately a 40 hp gain. The 1/4 mile ETs went from 13.2 to 12.7. That's about the same that you will get with Renntechs package. My opinion, save $1,000 dollars. Most dealers wont know the difference between pulleys so the warranty shouldn't be affected, but with an hour of labor time, if the need arises (engine issue), just put the stock ones back on. As far as product warranty, its a pulley from a very reputable company, not real complicated of an item and I have never seen one fail it the last 15 years I that I have been involved with supercharger pulley upgrades.