View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Bullseye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Porsche Boxster S

Originally Posted by JHM2K
LMAO ^^^

Good call man... That's the MAIN THING that makes me lean away from the Porsche... in favor of the SRT. I know the SRT is a missile... I saw one about two months ago ROAST an M3 Coupe from a standstill... I was like DAAAYYYUUUMMM!!!

I heard one of the biggest horror stories with the Porsche was the shipment of replacement parts, should the need arise. Someone said if you blew an airbag in a wreck, it would take a MINIMUM of 8 weeks to get your new airbag, since it could not be shipped via Air-mail since it contains explosives. I also heard about a $4,000 15k mile service tune-up... the list goes on.

I'm not even going to mention the insurance... OMG...

With the SRT, I can run full-coverage for $608 (for a half year). The Porsche was triple that.
If you want speed and bling and still don't want to spend much, c5 z06 all the way. You seem to want a chick magnet. And out of all the cars I owned the Vette was the best at it.

You say Crossfire, they say what's that? Then you proceed with chyrsler. They reply with a meh. SRT-6 or not.

You Say Boxter S, if they say what's that? You tell them a Porsche, and they will be intrigued. But if they know a little more, the Boxter may not impress as a 911 would.

You say Corvette, they are hooked. I yet to run into any woman who does not know what a Corvette is. I am buying an '03 ish Z06 when I grad in May or soon after. It has it all, mass appeal. Speed, speed, and some more speed. Cheap insurance, great mpg, service is easy and cheap. And the aftermarket is fantastic.

I was highly considering buying a SRT-6, you can get low low mileage ones in my area for 25k OTD. But for a few more K, I can get a car with the advantages said above.

Though the SRT-6 would be the most initial frugal choice.