View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 03:40 PM
HDDP
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Crossfire Cal Speedway Schedule

Here's the Crossfire schedule for the NASA event at California Speedway on March 16th, 17th & 18th 2007.

I will be arriving on Friday March 16th at 6am to check-in (register) and get my garage assigned, un-load my tools into the garage and take the car for the mandatory technical inspection. I will then attend the mandatory drivers meeting before the first practice session (warm-up) laps (20 minutes) which will begin promptly at 8AM. There will be 5 timed events on Friday and all count towards the season totals in my TT class.

Since NASA, at the last minute added Friday March 16th as the first NASA TT points race, I am forced to run this event to stay in contention for the 2007 season Which means my brakes and tires will be toast by Sunday, So is anyone wants to help me swap out brake pads Saturday night, it would be greatly appreciated.

On March 17th
For those of you who haven't run HPDE with NASA before, Jody (MMZ-Timelord) has a good handle on the procedure and will help you through the process. It is very important that you arrive early to get your car ready by removing all the superfluous garbage. CD's, floor mats, center caps, "Floaties", etc... I will have my tool chest with me so you can torque your lugs, etc. But most importantly, you don't want to have to rush !!!

Make sure that you download the "TECH CHECK LIST" and print it out before your arrival, this will speed your tech process. Arrive early and find my CROSSFIRE garage then put all of your useless stuff in "OUR" garage area in a duffle bag. check-in with registration then proceed directly to the tech inspection area as early as possible because this is going to be a BIG event with lots of cars going through tech at the same time. If you have a car number assigned already, you must affix the numbers on both side doors before you take the car to tech inspection... TAPE is OK. I have some SPEED TAPE if you need to use it !

As mentioned, I will have most of my tools with me, so you can use them if needed... TP guage, torque wrenches, jacks & stands, compressor, etc.

Bring a folding chair since I only have a couple of them, and if you have a small cooler, fill it with water, redbull and munchies. My cooler is not big enough for the whole CROSSFIRE army we're going to have... LOL.

Also, for those of you running HPDE, fill your tank at one of the stations on Cherry Ave. before you get to the track, because they only sell Sunoco Race Gas 91, 100, 101, 105 and it costs a fortune $$$.

For those of you who are joining us as CROSSFIRE spectators. I will rope-off a few parking spots directly adjacent to our CROSSFIRE garage so we can make a big splash and make sure that the umbrella girls take lots of pictures with us... You will have full access to the entire track, including the pits and paddock area. Bring your cameras, because this is going to be a very interesting weekend... PS: spectators are required to be the margarita blenders at the end of the day...