View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 08:44 AM
crossfirefrank
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Body color matched painted door handles

I picked up my crossfire Friday and I got to say it looks good with color matched handles with the chrome. I talked with the shop owner and he told me it would be better than OEM painted handles due to they put a couple extra coats of clear coat on them. I also asked if he would be willing to extend the pricing to crossfire forum members if they wanted to send you the handles. Here the deal - If you send the handles to him he will paint and pay for return shipping for $75. If you live fairly close and want to drop it off It's $100. to pull handles, paint and reinstall. It will have to be left there for three days. He also said that it was fairly easy to remove the handles - disconnect battery, pull door panel and he said the handle was held on by two clips you slide out. He also stated there was only one linkage piece with a clip. I'll try and take pictures today if it quits snowing. If anyone is interested I'll post his name and phone number. I think his is a good price because a year ago I took it to a different shop and they were talking $400.