View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Blackbelt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How many cars have you owned?

Originally Posted by Brent
Blackbelt - you're 50 and you've owned 80+ cars? I'm 47 and I've only owned 7. I better get with the program!

1967 Plymouth Fury II. Learned to drive on this one in HS. Shared it with my brother. Ran it off the road two weeks after getting my license. My brother has never forgiven me.

1968 Dodge Polara. Replacement for the Fury. Think of Eddie Murphy's blue Nova in Beverly Hills Cop and you'll have a good idea of what it was like.

1974 Fiat 127 or 128, don't remember (Blackbelt can recall details of 80 cars and I can't even remember what I've had for breakfast). Only had it for about 4 months until it caught fire outside Rapid City when I was driving home on leave to see my parents there.

1979 Dodge Omni 024. My car was certainly not a lemon. In fact it has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever had. Great car for being in the navy - economical and I could throw all my worldly possessions in the back (which consisted of nothing more than my seabag and civilian clothes). Kept it 4 years and then bought a:

1983 Dodge Shelby Charger. A crude, somewhat comical, but an economical and fun car to drive. And for its day it had pretty good performance. This one lasted almost 9 years until replaced with my first real performance car below.

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T. How many of you have heard of the R/T version of the Spirit? About once a year I'll meet someone who knows about the car. Allpar.com has all the details on the car so I'll just note that it was a screamer in its day. It is also economical, comfortable and practical and has been the best all around car I've had. Unfortunately it has also had a lot of engine problems. Still have it but since it leaks oil, coolant, and now carbon monoxide into the cabin; I've parked it until I decide what I want to do with it.

2005 SRT-6. Bought Jan last year. Saved thousands. Had I waited a few more months I could have saved thousands more! Best car for quality and performance but currently it's trying to take away the title of most unreliable from the Spirit.

Brent
I know the spirit RT well... 224 HP, but a penchant for head problems. They are increasing in value, and are a hoot to drive.
JoeTate, i see a few SAAB 96's in there...cool.
Sorry Andrew, i guess i should have done a search before starting new thread like this one...