Thread: insurance...
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 05:05 PM
patpur
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: insurance...

Rusty is right, you really can't compare rates because everyone's qualifications are different, your age, your zip code, your insurance score, your driving record, the car you used to drive, lots of variables. I'm constantly getting asked "how come my buddy only pays this amount". Only your agent can analyze your particular situation. I recommend a sit down at least once a year with your agent to make sure that your cars are rated properly and you are getting the proper discounts you are entitled to. Some companies offer auto insurance discounts if they have your home/condo/renters insurance.
A few pointers...some of you have your vehicles rated pleasure, that doesn't always give you the best rate, check it with a work rate. Some companies offer short mileage if you qualify, ours is under 7,500 miles a year. Some folks try and save money by having high deductibles and while I don't argue with this check and see what a "0" deductible will cost you on Comprehensive coverage. You might be surprised how inexpensive it is vs. what you have. Comprehensive fixes broken windshields, animal hits, theft, vandalism.

Pat