View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Maxwell
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Things to check...

Originally Posted by ljcasey
Hi guys, my name is Lee. I have just put a deposit down on a used (2003) crossfire and I pick it up next week.

The car is in immaculate condition and I couldn’t really fault anything on it. It has 24k miles on the clock.

The thing that worries me is that it was around 1,000 under priced, and from an independent dealer (not chrysler). I have a 6 month warranty for the car covering problems up to 1,000 GBP, so if something is wrong it shouldn’t be too much a problem.

The question I am asking is, is there anything I should look out for when I go pick it up? Do they have any trademark problems?

Thanks.

EDIT:
Thought I would just add, when I pulled away for the test drive, my girlfriend said she noticed a little white smoke come out the exhaust, I’m not sure how much it was, but she said "it looked normal, wasn’t loads, but I noticed it". I know nothing about cars, so not sure if this a warning sign? (the car was cold when started, not sure if this makes any difference).
Uh before you fully commit, I suggest you only buy from a Chrysler dealer. Don't mess around with used car lot dealers, your looking for trouble.