View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 03:53 PM
andrew
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: 1/8 mile results

Originally Posted by XMAN
Took the XFIRE to the local 1/8th mile track set up in the Qualcomm stadium parking lot here in San Diego(where the Chargers play football) last Friday night. The car is a bone stock Autostick, here are the results.

1st pass: 9.9 @ 72 mph 2.43 60 foot (traction control off)
2nd pass: 10.2 @ 71mph 2.59 60 foot (traction control on -car bogged under load at start)
3rd pass: 10.0 (no mph recorded) 2.42 60 foot (traction control off)
4th pass: 10.0 @ 72mph 2.47 60 foot (traction control off)

the track conditions were terrible, the car spun the tires bad. I can't spin the tires on the street! The car did not like launching hard (full throttle romp) with the traction control on, it damn near stalled and equated to the slowest launch(see 2nd pass) the other passes w/traction control on resulted in significant tire spin. I did beat an SLK kompressor twice and a early RX7. The sole loss came on the 2nd pass against an AWD Subaru WRX turbo wagon. Giving up over 3 tenths to it in just the first 60 feet(it went 2.1 60 foot) pretty much summed up that race. With some more experimentation and a good track surface this thing could go 2.2 or maybe 2.1 in short times which would put it in the high 13 second 1/4 mile neighborhood... faster then I expected. 8)

i am all about 1/4 mile.....1/8 mile blows :wink:

all magazines run the 1/4 for the true measurement of speed.