View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 09:28 PM
SRT SIX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: SRT 6 service quality

Originally Posted by shrek_au
Hi Guys,

I am new to this site but own a '05 SRT6 and love it. My issues are mainly with my dealer and their lack of passion with servicing the car. I had the AC die and they did not believe me and I had to drive a service guy around town to prove to them it was dead.

Finally the replaced it but it took 6 weeks.

Question is: Do the chrysler dealers have to train someone on AMG engines or specifically the SRT6, my local guys here in Australia don’t know "squat" and I am concerned that a car I spent a lot of $$$ on is not being loved and looked after. I seem to get some mechanic who knows nothing about AMG, and they all seem to think I was lying when I said it was hand crafted.

Any ideas? Love to hear your feedback, I would love to hit the dealer up with "when you service my SRT6 make sure it is your AMG certified guy".

Cheers,

Simon
Go to the Chrysler SRT section (at least for North America) at http://www.drivesrt.com/en/chrysler/...upe/index.html

Part of the quote "...The hand-built 3.2-liter supercharged V6 engine boasts 330 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque - ..."

You can also point out the AMG logo cast into the top back of the supercharger.