View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 05:41 PM
HDDP
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: New Wheels - issues

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
I finally bought the ASA AR1's for my XF last week and had them installed. I'll go through the installation nightmare later, but I finally got the car back midday and drove the 30 miles to my office...and i'm shocked how badly they feel. There is a visual shaking in the steering wheel, and i can see the gear shift lever moving back and forth as i rumbled down the road.

With my original set of factory wheels, my XF was smooth as glass at any speed...this new set of wheels creates a ride far less smooth. So my question is: Is this just a balance issue with the tires...has anyone else gone through this?

I'm ready to call them back about this and other things...but wanted to know what the group thoughts.

The nightmare part is two fold. First, Tirerack sent the wrong lugs for the rear wheels, they were too big and rubbing something on the inside of the wheels. The other part, was that NTB said the car was ready to go, when any idiot could hear this rather loud clicking with those wrong lugs on. Tirerack also send only three hub covers for the XF with the wheels. And finally, to top all this off, the NTB guys thought it nice to run the front bumper over the curb, scraping the entire bottom to hell.

To be honest, the wheels look great as long as i don't look at the bumper and don't drive the car.

NOT HAPPY.
Senna:

Yikes...

I would have recommended having the shop spin the wheels on their balancing machine without the tires to make sure the wheels were "true" (round)... Many of these wheels are made in China and don't have alot of QC before they are shipped... I had to go through a few sets of ACE wheels before I got a full set that were actually round...

The problem with the rear bolts making noises is that they are probably hitting the E brake cable inside the hub... A good grind will solve the problem...

But definitely get the wheels back to the shop, dismount the tires and spin the wheels to see if they are true !!!