View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Mediacritic
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Common Mopar Problem - Foglamps

Originally Posted by SPEDWAY
Concerning fog lamp lenses that crack mysteriously...

I just traded my '05 Magnum RT for my '06 Crossfire, and had the same experience with the Dodge you are having with your Xfire. I'm one of those Mr. Safety types that drives with headlights and fog lamps on (no one pulls out in front of me), so my lights get a couple of lifetimes of use.

At 8,000 miles, the Magnum's fog lamp lenses both cracked identically and were replaced under warranty. At 20,000 the replacement lamps cracked their lenses, but I just turned them off and left them alone until 35,000 miles when I had them replaced under warranty again. I stopped using them for the last 1,000 miles before I traded the car.

My theory was that it was heat related, but I don't think the Magnum/300 uses the same fog lamp as the Crossfire. Mine were a hard plastic lens. From what you are saying, the lenses are glass. The service folks tried to tell me that rocks or some other debris had broken the lights and that they would not be replaced under warranty, but I complained enough that they made the repairs for free.

SPEDWAY
That's what I'm gonna do. I'll gripe up a storm. The fact that your lenses both cracked at the same time supports the heat theory. But won't it all just happen again if it's replaced with the same dumb design? Sigh.