View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 02:50 AM
jp2005
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Headers anyone???

Originally Posted by cjspecial
For those prices all you get is quantity... not quality! $200 set of shorties will leak, crack, not fit properly, and rust in a few months in anywhere but the desert. Its obvious you have never price a proper set of custom headers nor done research or pricing on low quantity builds. It takes alot of money to invest in building any header, even the cheap ones. The majority of the low buck headers out, are made in china or mexico! Ours are made right here in America, one at a time for quality! Not quantity. I can appreciated your views on the cost, but the truth of the matter is, our pricing is consistent with the rest of the country on custom headers ($200 per cylinder). Besides, our E55 shorty "is the lowest price in the country!" And the saying goes...ya get what ya pay for!
hooker headers and other companies of the like (edelbrock, heddman, borla) are actually loved by not just the f-body community, but most of the car community as a whole for their great quality and low prices, so maybe you should do some research on their headers before you say they have fitment issues, will leak or crack after a few months.

the really funny thing is i have kooks custom headers on my trans am which were approximately $1,000, so i have researched and purchased custom made headers, i was actually considering purchasing a set of your crossfire headers, but now to steal a line from you, "it's obvious" that now i will pass.

maybe you didn't read the second part of my post, "i'm not disputing that alot of time and effort is put into your companies headers, but when it is all said and done $1,800 is one hell of a price tag for headers" - i didn't say i wasn't willing to pay $1,800, i said it was alot, and well truth be told it is alot for headers, as i said i was considering a set of your headers for my crossfire but you assumed i wasn't interested talked down on me and lost a customer.

Last edited by jp2005; 05-28-2007 at 02:53 AM.