View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Rob M
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Headlamp condensation - under warranty

Originally Posted by mrobinso
Rob M. you seem to know exactly what I am talking about! Hear this! The second problem you mentioned with the haze forming towards the top of the headlight is occurring on the right headlight! However I just for the first time yesterday noticed my left headlight has condensation on the inside. The first thing you mentioned! I have both problems one in each headlight! Help! What can I do to fix it myself?! Thanks.
consider where your car spends most of its time when parked during the day. it might be that you routinely park with the right headlamp getting more sun exposure. you can find a plastic polish at any automotive store. just follow the directions and polish both headlamps every time you wax the car. you can even finish with a coat of wax on the headlamps to provide some protection.

for the condensation issue first try running your car with the headlights turned on for at least 15 minutes. if the condensation evaporates, it isn't a major concern. if it doesn't, you have an issue because water droplets inside the headlamp will not allow the lights illuminate optimally. there is a tsb for this issue #0804304. i haven't had the condensation problem so i don't know if it is a do-it-yourself project since it may involve installation of a headlamp vent kit which you may not have access to purchase. you might want to contact your local dealer to see what they can do to fix the issue and if they can order the parts for you. many owners have had it fixed at no cost. in some cases entire headlamps have been replaced but i'm not sure if the new headlamps are any different of if they just have the improved vent. another thing you might want to do yo gain some additional insight is conduct a search on "Headlamp TSB" on this site to read through a variety of posts on this issue.