View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 02:54 PM
chxf
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Headlamp condensation - under warranty

When I bought my '04 I had condensation too. Then TSB was performed and no condensation anymore (vents removed or installed?). Anyway, the TSB for headlight condensation was edited and reissued a few times -> vent kit yes, than vents no but membrane, than vents again ... or something like that. There are a lot of people out there who still have problems with the headlight regardless of which TSB. Some of them even got completely new headlights, but no help.

In March this year I had the opportunity to visit, among other XF enthusiasts, the Karmann plant in Osnabrueck and see how our XF are being born.
We also had the chance to talk to some guys from the sales, marketing and development. Of course we had a few questions. One of them was the condensation issue.

The problem is simply the poor quality of the headlights that are mounted. So maybe some have good luck and get a good one. Those who have bad ones might not get any improvement with the TSB. And if the dealer changes the complete unit you may got a bad one again.

Don't ask me the name of the company who produces the units. It's somewhere in France.

Reason? Cost saving! DC decision...