Thread: An XFi Store
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Sidez
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: An XFi Store

Originally Posted by midnightman
There's one big limiting factor about a Crossfire club. This is a four year, low production vehicle. Once you own a Vette, for instance, you'll probably buy a newer one as time passes. For us, starting in about 2 years, the best you'll be able to do is buy a used one. Most of us are probably committed to our present XF for the long haul. But if it gets badly wrecked or fails to the point of being a money pit in a few years, we'll all probably end up with... (gasp)... something else.

I know this won't be popular (even with me), but how about annual dues? Like about $5. This would keep the list up to date and maybe REDCROSS would send members the latest sticker(s) or some very low cost related novelty each year (a cheap bulk-purchased pen saying Crossfire or new membership card, etc.).
In many ways you mention some good points, BUT take a look at Supras for example they have not been in production for soon to be 10 years yet their clubs and club activity is MASSIVE... and the prices of these cars does not fall what's so ever... even in this time when cars have been updated and long surpassed the Supra there is still a large cult following of them and large acceptance by even non - supra owners...

I like your idea of annual fee a club needs money to be funded nothing is free these days and even organizing meets and buying some bulk products... still has it's expenses that should be shared by members... Not only that but as you stated it will be good for keeping the list up 2 date.

Man I like how you think props to you!!