Thread: An XFi Store
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 07:03 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: An XFi Store

Indeed you do make some very good points. You can't knock the excellent work that some very dedicated members have done for the forum, and for the XFi club. But, yes there is a 'but' (you had to know it was coming ). There' nothing wrong with improving it. There's always room for that. In fact, there's a place on the forum for suggestions.

First I'll make sure I'm clear on something. These are suggestions from me, and from other members. We don't have the authority to make these decisions That lies totally on Julian.
Now let me address a couple of you concerns;

I'm really concern about the fact that some of you want to put some sort of quota on the number of posts to remain an active member.

No quotas for posts were suggested by me. What I suggested was that we set some limit to inactivity, meaning there are users who registered and never logged on again since 2003. I don't think members need to post. If they never want to post, there's nothing wrong with that, but if they don't log in for a specific time, let say 6 months as an example, they will have to re-register if they want to become active members again. Again 6 months is just an example, and if the moderator knows there is sickness in the family, we're not so big we can't make exception.

Don't try to fix something that isn't broken and PLEASE run a poll when and if you decide to change things.

While there is something to be said for "if it ain't broke don't fix it', philosophically, I don't always agree with that. I think that breaths complacency, but it's not about me, it's about the forum. We are always complaining about not finding aftermarket parts, accessories, and other items such a XF gear. We run group buys, but when it's over, and newbies want the same items, the cycle starts again. I don't know if it's broke, but it's not working. The Sprint Booster is a good example, as are the polos. As far as changing things, again not my decision to make. However, we should not resist change, rather be agents of change for the betterment of the forum.
I just don't like the idea of banners to clutter or even opening the door to paid advertisement...That will be the day I say good bye to you guys and gals...

I don't think anyone is suggesting commercializing the forum to a point of clutter. Just one or maybe two XF stores that make purchasing certain items easier for everyone. It takes a long time for a newbies to get acquainted with all the leg work that's been done by the senior members. Why not make it easier.

If we are serious about our forum and XFi club, and I know I, and many members are not only serious. but passionate. Why not look for ways of making it more efficient to find new stuff, plus the XFi store can be a lead for XFi membership. I don't call this fixing what ain't broke, I call it continuous improvement

Lastly to close; Plus, just think we wouldn't have all the wonderful posts from FP to look forward to.

Priceless
Come on guys, lets not be resistant to introduce change that can only make life better for us.

Last edited by FP; 06-22-2007 at 09:46 PM.