View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Sennaspirit
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Top Gear TV - Crossfire vs 350z vs TT

Hud,
Funny thing, i was on youtube yesterday and just watched these vids. Needless to say (but i'm sure others will jump in on this anyway) the folks at the show have nothing good to say about the XF...they don't like this car. The ubiquitous poor steering comments, the dog pooping looks, the cheap interior, the mushy feel...etc etc.

Consider it one sources view and perspective. It's valid if they don't like the car, but we have many people who absolutely love it. Just yesterday i test drove an SRT 6 at a local dealer. During the ride which lasted only 15 mins, i had two stop light chats with other cars about "what is that", followed by a cop, impressed (scared) the salesman who had never taken a ride in the SRT6 ("my god this has some power - and those brakes are something" - hehe), and tested by two pickups who thought they cold handle this punk little car...until we got to some corners (go carry some 2x4's and stop bugging me).

It's just a legacy we have to deal with...i actually like both those cars, but i don't think comparing a 4 wheel drive with the XF is fair. I don't think comparing a car with 85 more hp is a fair comparison either. But i could care less...i just don't listen to what they say about the XF anymore.