Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 PM
BLKFIN
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone interested in a sub box for the coupe

I presently have the 6w0’s in a one cubic foot sealed enclosure. Prior to putting the RE AUDIO in the new fiberglass box, I had it in a 1.6 cubic foot slot port enclosure. My amp puts out 250 watts at 4 ohms (6w0’s) it does about 400 at 2 ohms (RE AUDIO) so when switching them out to compare output, the 6w0’s are at a disadvantage due to the power change at the impedance loads. A slot port enclosure will be anywhere from 3 to 5 db louder at the same power level even more with the power being increased. When we spoke, there was a vast difference in output between my two set ups. Now the playfield has evened a bit. The new set up only has the advantage of putting my amp at a different power level, and right now there is not a huge difference in output. If the power level was the same, the difference would be even less. The new enclosure hits deeper, but the 6w0’s hit punchier bass notes. They both sound good, but my amp is optimized at a 2 ohm load witch I have with this set up. I know you like the appearance of the 6w0’s and the best way for you to decide it to hear them side by side. They are listed on eBay as we speak...all you have to do is win the auction and hear them for yourself, if your unhappy…sell them to someone else!

But comparing enclosure to enclosure, my slot port box would walk all over this fiberglass one. It would make the windshield wipers bounce. I started competing in car audio in 1993, I made it to the world IASCA finals 3 years straight, so I no a thing or two about output. This is a nice enclosure that sounds great, but there are other designs out there that can make the same sub louder. I am just thrilled to have my hatch back!!! I love to do roadtrips, and with my other enclosures, I would have to cram stuff back there or remove the enclosures completely leaving me with just my mids and highs to listen too. I am very pleased with this set up and I think you will be too.