View Single Post
Old 08-24-2003, 06:18 PM
krooner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: crossfire vs 350

Originally Posted by mightyjlr
Originally Posted by krooner
the only thing negative i've heard about the rx8 is that they're dyno far below the listed hp, but some people think it's part of the break-in program in the ecu and performance is limited til the car hits 2000 miles, and nobody has hit 2000 miles yet in there rx8s to dyno test it..
It isn't part of the break in program. Mazda has released new hp figures... they revised the manual RX8 down 3.6% to 239 and they revised the automatic RX8 down 4.5% to 197hp. One fairly amazing thing is that they are offering original buyers of the RX8 the option of having Mazda buy back the cars at whatever price they paid, or free scheduled maintenance for the duration of the standard warranty, plus a $500 debit card. For some reason, I could never see Chrysler stepping up like this... hell they won't even replace a stereo that is dangerous to use.
they're dynoing around 140-150hp.. with 18% drive train loss that's like 165-177.. which is still drastically below the 239 they have rated.. that's why i mentioned the break-in program in the ecu...