Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM
SRT SIX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: "Clicking" noise when tranny put into Reverse

Originally Posted by AMGLover
Hoy Hoy! I have a roadster so with the top down I hear it better and you will be surprised to find out that it will do it for the first couple of stops going forward.... but it is much softer. Let's look at the situation; what is the last thing that you do when you park the car...release the brake pedal. Now the e-brakes are in the back side of the hub and are subject to lots of heat..heat makes things expand...expanding things push on other things. The e-brake is the old drum brake setup that relies on springs and things to keep thoses shoes off the drum. Additionally 99.9% of your stops are moving forward so rotational stress moves it in that direction.

Fast forward to next morning. Everything is cool and contracted back into position, you switch direction and the stuff that stuck together gets forced into the oposite direction - popping it loose- as oppose to grinding it loose going in the same [forward] direction. Maybe it's a caliper that needs to be lubed, but I still think it is more prone to be the e-brake...either way it needs some lube/check for tolerences.

whatcha think?
Hey, it worth having checked. Unfortunately this is one of those "....it only happens when...." issues. Experience with the (insert the brand of choice) service personnel, is if it doesn't happen the first time it is tried, the problem simply doesn't exist!

Thanks,

Last edited by SRT SIX; 07-06-2007 at 03:26 PM.