View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 02:43 PM
HDDP
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: restrictor plate location

Originally Posted by Chrys-cfire04
i have been told by a chrysler dealer that there are not one, not two but three restrictor plates on the engine of the crossfire. does anybody happen to have any idea where they are located so i can take them off and get some free muscle out of it. or is this a bad idea? should i avoid taking them off because they might damage the engine? now i only plan on taking two off so it remains street legal, and i'm sure they're pointless anyway since the slk 320 doesn't have them. so if anyone happens to have any input on the issue i would gladly appreciate hearing from you.
There is no physical restrictor plate anywhere in the intake system. I've inspected the entire disassembled engine. Again, a perfect example of the dealer service "professionals" not knowing WTF they are talking about when it comes to the Crossfire.

The are two electronic restrictors integrated into the system (1) rev limiter on manual transmissions (2) speed limiter. Both cut the fuel when the limit is reached... Eliminating the rev limiter will do nothing but allow you to ruin your engine by over revving it since the power band is located between 4,200 & 5,200 RPM's. Removing the speed limiter will do nothing for you either since I doubt you'll ever have the car up to 150 mph.