View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 11:54 PM
soloIIracer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tire Pressures for New Toy

Originally Posted by n2dafog

I'll start with 40 psi and check rollover. Eventually I'll set up a test session for the Crossfire so I can use my pyrometer to try to balance the temps across the tread width, but for the remainder of this season, I'll just run it with the current alignment settings.

Thanks for the welcomes,
Bryan
I ran two events with my car on the stock Continental Contisport2 tires before switching to full race tires. My pressures were in the mid 40 psi range in front and about the same in back. That is with -1.5 degrees of camber in front and stock springs but the SRT/AMG front sway bar mounted in delrin bushings. The car will eat the outside shoulder of the tire if you leave it under inflated at all. My car and one other ate through a pair of very pricey Hoosiers very quickly earlier this season even with high pressures. Thankfully Hoosier replaced the tires for free because they have been having issues with wear in that particular size. The Kuhmo fronts I have now are wearing better. Hope that helps you out some.

PS: The largest difference in handling after I added the Koni shocks was taking out almost all of the rear toe in. It makes the car rotate so much better now.