View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 04:30 PM
BigMike60
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sat in the Z seats at an autoshow and the Crossfire and RX-8 as well as the G35. The Crossfire seats were simply excellent. The RX-8 seats also seemed pretty good and the interior of the RX-8 I liked. Also like the X-fire except for the problems mentioned with the radio and getting use to the brushed aluminum finish. I didn't run the radio on the test drive so I can't comment on visibility. The Z did not impress me at all in comfort or cabin appearance. I do not think the RX-8 is ugly, it just isn't as impressive and stunning in appearance as the Z [less the door handles] or X-fire. It looked a little better in person than in the mags, but still not as hot as the other two. I am due for a RX-8 test drive later this week, they got in an automatic so they gave me a call. Been so long since I used a stick, and with constant back problems I was reticent to even take out the six speed. Afraid on a bad day I would be riding the clutch too much. But a buddy of mine did, and he said it had lots of pick-up. I will take the ride and then let you know versus the X-fire. AS for the G35, the seats had the most uncomfortable thigh bolsters I've ever sat in. Couldn't have gone 50 miles in that puppy.