View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 03:22 PM
woody
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: dealer computer glitch

Originally Posted by bugeye
That's part of the problem, when they hooked up the wrong diagnostic computer to the crossfire apparently it cleared the system and I saw the message on the screen that said it could not communicate with the cars system. The dealer has called back and they still say its the additive they put in for the throttle body that's making the car run rough and kicked on the ce light. Took the car in at 8 they gave me a rental and said a couple of hours, now it supposed to be ready at 3:30.
All sounds strange to me. If the computer would not communicate it seems odd that it reset the CEL. I suppose it is possible that the ECU supply was shorted by the incorrect lead causing a reset similar to when you disconnect the battery. This would clear the CEL until the original fault returned. What was wrong with the TB that they had to use an additive? The TB is upstream of the fuel system so a fuel additive (can't think what other sort they may be talking about), presumably some sort of cleaner, would have no affect whatsoever on the TB?

I really hope there is going to be a happy ending to this, rather than yet another story of a dealer screw up.