Old 04-28-2004, 10:55 AM
VegasCrossfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ops: ops: Well thanks to you guys for your help - but I'm still in the same boat. When I looked in the manual on line, I didn't see the issue addressed.

Edited: jsisabella just pointed me to a page in the manual that shows there is no menu function to auto power down or go into sleep mode because the backlight always stays on. Thanks -- guess I missed that page - :?

If you are interested in my long drawn out story - this is what I went through last night!!! Seems as though they didn't read the manual!

At 6:52PM I decided to get HP Instant Help. They had me uninstall device managers - get into safe mode - turn the computer on and off - nothing would work. Finally at 10:05PM - yes 3 hours and 10 minutes of us Instant Messaging back and forth, I gave up. I felt they were not ever going to be able to help. I can't believe that they would even IM back and forth for so long with so many "fixes" - and they still wanted to try a lot of other things. I just couldn't do it. So, I guess I will just have to continue to turn my screen off. It's not such a big deal, but I thought it would be nice if it worked the way I know others work.

Thanks again for your help. I love having friends to help me :lol: