View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Steve Hellums
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Wheels - Tires & Suspension Blues

I guess I'm just venting, but it seems like all the mod's I do on my SRT6 something just ain't right.

1 - Eibach springs, lowered the front too much and didn't lower the back enough. When test fitting my new wheels I found I have some tire rubbing issues with the OEM's, so I'm going to have to raise the front back up some.
2 - Ordered new 285/35/19's, ($860) for the back to get a wider look & fill up the difference of the front & rear fender well gap and they really don't look any wider than the 255's did on the car, but I do get better traction.
3 - Ordered new chrome wheels, 18's for the front & 19's for the back planning on using the front 225/40/18 OEM tire's. From checking tire site's a 225/40 would work fine on an 8.5 wheel, but I had a friend that just put his 225/40's on his new 8.5 wheels and they look like crap. So now I'm trying to get a pair of 245/35/18's for the front, ($652) and told up to 3 weeks to get them.
4 - The new wheels came in last week and one of them was damaged during shipping, so I'm still waiting on the wheel place to get that straightened out.
5 - When test fitting the new wheels on front, I found I was going to have to get a pair of 10mm spacers to get the center cap to go on the wheels. So I ordered all my lug bolts and spacers from Ezaccessories.com. they arrived yesterday. When I opened the box it had two boxes inside, one with lug bolts & one with spacers and no packing at all. Both boxes were busted open, the bolts are all scuffed up and some scratches and so were the spacers.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1010793.JPG (644.3 KB, 70 views)