View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Steve Hellums
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Performance exhaust for SRT6

Originally Posted by RPM
Steve - that's funny. I was just out looking underneath mine pondering exhaust and such.
So here is what I've determined (with these pics' help: https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...der/perpage/18)
The non SRT Xfire exhaust is dual to the heat shield (see pic), then down to one pipe to muffler.
The SRT Xfire exhaust is dual to the resonator (which is before the muffler), then one pipe from the resonator to the muffler (mufflers are different between SRT/non too). The resonator has AMG stamped on it.

SRT guys, do me a favor - go out and look at the bottom of your muffler and see what it is stamped. There will be a bunch of #s, a date, and a word, the word is what I'm talking about.
It's been a while since I've been under there so I don't remember exactly how things were put together, but I do remember seeing AMG stamped on the muffler or the resonator. I had stopped at an exhaust shop tuesday to see what they would charge to remove the resonator and replace it with a pipe, but just my luck the main guy was out at a dentist appointment. I got their # and was thinking about giving them a call, but I'm sure he would want to look under the car before he gave me a price.