View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Steve Hellums
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Wheels - Tires & Suspension Blues

Originally Posted by eganders
Hi Steve:

In those photo you mention that it has both the Eibachs and the new tires installed. What I'd like to see is photos with the Eibachs, but with the stock tires, since it drops slightly differently front and rear.

If the look is not too bad, I'll probably go with just the springs. If it looks bad, I'll have to figure out something else.

Thanks.
I didn't take any picture's between the installing the Eibach's and putting on the bigger tire's. If when you receive the springs and the new rear springs are about an inch taller like mine were, I'd cut a little off. As for the front I spent about 4 hours yesterday with a spring compressor compressing the front springs to install a 1/4" homemade spacer above the spring cup, man that was a PITA. I done it without unbolting anything, if I would have had the right spring compressor it might not have been so bad. I got my new front tire's and replacement wheel this past Thursday so I went and had the OEM 255's put back on the OEM rear wheels. Then had the 285/35's put on the new rear wheels and the new 245/35's put on front, they look pretty good on the car. But I got to take my spacers for the front into work and use a metal lathe to shave off 3/4 mm from the inside of it to get the hub centrical spacer to fit over the spindle dust cover. I had to use a 10mm spacer to get the center caps to go on the wheel, I just ordered some spacers and longer lug bolt's for the rear about an hour ago. I wanted the tire's to stick out the same distance on the front and rear. If just keep throwing money at it, I'm bound to get it right one of these day's. It will probably be close to the end of the week before I get the part's I just ordered, when I get them on I'll post up some pic's.

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 08-27-2007 at 04:54 PM.