View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 02:40 PM
freakingfastsrt6
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Nobody wants to race me!

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
Ok, so I've been doing a little more in-depth research on this subject. It would appear that the 12.56 car mentioned here is the Fasted documented 300 SRT-8 out there. That's fine. I believe you. It's a fast car. BUT, lets look at the law of averages. "Most" 300 SRT-8s are running in the 13.1-13.2 range, which is on par with the SRT-6. I don't know if this particular 300 is a Wednesday Factory Freak or what, but it's def. running A LOT better than 99% of them out there. Nice 1.8 60 Ft. by the way. That must be a sticky track. I know that played in heavily on running that time. If the car legitimately runs those kinda times consistently, then that's cause for applause. If it does run in the 12.5-12.7 all the time, then I'll bow out now, as I know I don't have anything for that. But if that was a one time thing, then I'm still down.
Look I like your thought and such, and would love to believe him as well but I cant see past a huge heavy car running those kinda of times...I've driven plenty of the srt8's and they stick great way they are on the track as long as the track is prepped good...any average driver can drive it good...secondly You got to remember an average driver only gets about a 12.50 out of stock vipers where I run...a good driver might dip into the low 12's but for the most part not to much...? I have run my car at the track along with about 20 others I've owned and have been racing for about 16 years...and since the intro of the srt8 at my dealership I have driven close to 3 years with the srt 8 in all forms...magnums chargers 300's modded stockers and blown and even a supercharged one...and never besides the modded ones have I ever said to myself hum? that this would pull my srt6 it just doesn't have the power and its way to heavy...srt 6 is just too much for it! I've raced countless srt8's and its just not a race in any way its 4 car lengths sometimes more when i go against them...so I dont know maybe they have freak cars but here in cali its likely...maybe high 12's like 12.96 or something every once in a while id believe, but never will you get me to believe 12.5's or 6's or 7's on any stock srt8...except for maybe the jeep.