View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 05:08 PM
BrianBrave
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Shift **** pulled out in my hand.

Originally Posted by mrobinso
Yesterday and went to go into reverse and as I raised the shifter the entire **** and leather base came off the console and laid limp in my hand. I was shocked and disturbed. I snapped it back into place only to have the same thing happen. No parts are snapped off from what I can tell. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I now have to ever so gingerly pull up on the **** when I want to reverse. And by the way I never pulled too hard to begin with. Any way to tighten it in place besides adhesive? Thanks a lot all input is appreciated.
Sometimes that will happen when you fool around with the **** to much.

My father always taught me that playing with it a little is OK but not to much, over-use can lead to wear-and-tear and loss of performance; especially when you really need or depend on it.

He also told me it never to do it while on a date. If she felt the desire to go ahead and let her do it, but always stay in control and don't lurch.

Granted that was before they came out with all the performance additives you see advertised today.

I suggest carefully putting it back where it belongs, replacing the cover and use sparingly for while.

Unless you've yanked on it really hard, it should heal.

Just my .02