Old 08-31-2007, 09:30 PM
apkano
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Freaking TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

Originally Posted by former NXMX5
that's completely irrelevant info for tire inflation. ties don't operate anywhere near the temps you quoted. and in trying to make yourself look the part, all you did was screw up more info... every one of those temperatures is actually NEGATIVE... which means that nitrogen has the higher melting point.

next time you google random buzzwords, make sure they're copied correctly.
If you really want to start pointing out errors...You state air is a atom...technically air is chemically called out as O2. Therefore "Air" is a molecule by way of it being two oxygen atoms with a covalent bond...therefore it is a molecule.

The same can be said for Nitrogen...I assume we are talking about a gas here (usually tires are filled with a gas of some sort!). Nitrogen gas, (N2), is two nitrogen atoms connected with a covalent bond.

As we all know...an atom connected with any other atom (even itself) is referred to as a molecule!

Btw...I did reverse the melting points. (conversion from kelvin) But I stand by the fact that Nitrogen is a larger MOLECULE than oxygen!

FYI...the information came from the LECO chemists handbook. A free perk with our gas chromatograph at work! (I'm still pushing for a mass spectrometer).

Last edited by apkano; 08-31-2007 at 09:42 PM.