View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Valk
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Re: Why did you choose the Crossfire?

The story behind the Crossfire begins in the spring of 2004.
I was driving home to the suburbs from Chicago on the expressway when a beautiful shiny black car went past me so fast that I didn't even know what it was. At that point though I had to find out because it was so impressive. I was driving my Explorer 95 mph trying to catch up to this car which I finally did only due to traffic which slowed this most awesome car down.
I got a look at the back and saw one word "Crossfire". As soon as I got home I went to my PC and did a google search and found out what I saw. I went to work the next day and started talking to others about the car I had seen and nobody was familiar with it. Well days passed and I basically forgot about it. Then in April this year I had a need to buy a sports car. I had no idea what I wanted other than a cool little sports car. I have been driving a Explorer for 7 years and needed a change. I went to the carmax website and there it was A CROSSFIRE. My memory was restored back to that evening in the spring of 2004.
I knew now I had to have one. I don't even recall seeing one on the road since that day in 2004. The one at Carmax sold before I could even buy it but I then found my 04 SSB Coupe with low miles and one previous owner and I bought it on the spot. The rest is history.
I have had it now for 5 months and driven it 7,000 miles and LOVE IT !!

Oh ya by the way I still have my Explorer and plan to drive that when it snows and when the roads are sloppy otherwise my Crossfire will be a year round car.

Last edited by Valk; 09-17-2007 at 04:01 PM.