Thread: Odd Question
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 12:17 AM
GassGhost
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Odd Question

I have a 2004 with 16,000 miles on it I bought it with 10,000 in April and paid $21,000. A little more than what some other cars are going for now. So I had similar thoughts too. I believe the previous owner took pretty good care of the car since I've had no major issues. Our cars have Mercedes engines, transmissions, rear ends and electronics. My bet would be that after you fix your current problems you will have a fine machine on your hands. Based on some of the other comments here on the forum. Unless you have an endless supply of cash...I'd stick with the car you have. Loosing money on your car and then paying the additional money on the new one could equal a $6,000 to $8,000 expense. Drive it for a year (since you already have pretty many miles on it it's not going to make a real big difference at trade in or sale time) see what other kind of problems may occur. If it doesn't give you any grief, I'd keep it! Pay it down a bit and then if you really want to make the move you can do it and hopefully not lose your shirt or skirt. Financially cars suck no matter how look at it. I'd hate to throw away good money just to move up a year or two in model year. $8,000 is a lot of cash for a warranty! Hang on to it, drive it, play with it by adding the little personal touches everybody likes to do to their Crossfires and decide if it's worth keeping later. Unless you have a lemon or the previous owner beat the crap out of it you should have pretty nice car that will last for years to come. Look for a good dealership with a certified Crossfire mechanic, read the forum often, ask questions and before you know it you might be in the garage doing the light maintenance yourself and loving it! I may have paid a bit too much for my car but I never think about it when I'm driving or pretty much any other times either. I really enjoy the ride, It's just too COOL!

My 2 cents!
GassGhost

Last edited by GassGhost; 09-29-2007 at 12:19 AM.