Thread: Odd Question
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 05:29 PM
phyrephlyte
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Odd Question

Originally Posted by Rob M
Yes, but the lifetime powertrain warranty will be of limited value. And for obvious reasons, it is not so good for resale when compared to the 7/70. Sure, if you plan to keep the vehicle for the rest of your life you might get some free repairs or replaced components along the way, but it is not likely that any given owner will keep the car for decades. I think what most people enticed by this warranty will find is that by the time the covered powertrain parts start breaking, many non-covered parts will have already broken. You also have to take the vehicle in for service at an authorized dealer once every 5 years for an inspection. Even though the inspection is free, it is entirely likely that the owner will get bombarded with service recommendations or things that are required to be completed to continue the warranty. And, what happens if Chrysler goes out of business in 2020 or they stop making replacement parts?
WOW, I just can't live my life by that many "what ifs". I'm gonna lighten up for us both.

RP