View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 08:35 PM
phyrephlyte
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sound deadening Part 2, Help!!

Originally Posted by Marc Levy
Perception is 9/10ths of reality. I just like a quiet car. My old Michelins and now Yokohama's both are pretty close in noise level and neither are junk tires. This is the only small sports car I've driven so I can't compare it with anything other than my wife's Volvo or my old Aurora.
I just want to suggest what you said . It is probably a lot about what you are use to and expect. Somewhat like having your first convertible and being surprised it blows your hair.

Autos of this size and type have varying levels of sound intrusion; just as autos in other size and type classes do. In the case of a small sporty car one is suppose to expect road noise for many reasons that would never occur in a four door sedan. On the Crossfire, tires are certainly an issue, lowness to the ground, rear wheels up your ... and the very shape of the coupe. I have large wheels on my 300 and it is much worse than the Crossfire with road noise. This all holds true with quality of ride also. The trade off with that is great handling for the size. The trade off for sound could be the reminder that these types of cars are a bit closer to their heritage than the cars that have become big and quiet and cushy.

I hope you find some peace with the situation and it doesn't keep you from enjoying the car.

RP