View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 07:26 PM
BRappaport
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default check engine light with P0140 code

I love my Crossfire...but need some help.

I am still having an intermittent problem with my Crossfire. Over a period of 15 months, I have had my Crossfire into the Dealer for my Check Engine light coming on. Always...the code is the same; P0140...Secondary Air Injection Pump. Each time, they replace a part, reset the light and it's stays off for 1-4 months...and each time they say they found the problem...put in a new part...and we start over again. I've believe I've read all the comments posted on this forum on this subject.

So far...they have replaced:
1. The air pump
2. The open frame relay PCB module located in the Black Wire Box
3. The pump solenoid

They are awaiting feedback from Chrysler...since they can not cause it to fail...and this time...they had the car for a week...trying to make it fail.

From previous forum member inputs...the Check Valve...may be the next thing to try...but they need Chrysler's approval to do that...since the component checks out OK. The dealer just says that intermittent problems usually never get solved...you need to wait until they fail hard...in order to diagnose the problem.

I am really frustrated...and want to document this so if my warranty runs out, and I still have the problem...I can hopefully get it repaired under warranty...as a pre existing condition.

Also...after 4 fails for the same problem...does that qualify this under the "Lemon Law"???

If they still can not fix it this time...maybe taking it to another dealer may help.

Any comments or help from this great Forum would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.