View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 10:48 PM
phyrephlyte
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sound deadening Part 2, Help!!

Originally Posted by Marc Levy
(It is probably a lot about what you are use to and expect. Somewhat like having your first convertible and being surprised it blows your hair).
How true! No, it's not going to keep me from enjoying my car. Just think of it as some people want to squeeze as much performance as possible, some want their car to be immaculate. I want mine to be as quiet as possible. Instead of spending a day detailing, I spend a day (or 2 or 3) soundproofing.
While I'm at it, I've been hearing a (clicking) sound coming from my passenger door, rear window area for a few weeks now. The dealer tried twice without success, I've tried removing or fiddling with every panel I can reach without success. It's driving me crazy!!! Like water dripping from a faucet.
Also while I'm at it. I love this forum. After reading lots of posts yesterday, instead of my normal wash and wax, I was inspired to vacuum, and condition the leather and dash. Looks much better now.

Thanks everyone!
Good to read you sound so upbeat. I hope you've got the foam situation under control.
As to the door and hatch noise; just do a search, there have been quite a few posts about this specifically. I believe, if memory serves, that some had good success with dealing with that. My first xfire had no noise issues so I was spoiled. I'm certainly hoping the new one doesn't have any. I am like you about noise; the little things CAN drive one crazy.

Best,
RP