View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 06:51 AM
LantanaTX
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Thinking of buying a Coupe...

Originally Posted by mattyb973
just wishful thinking but do those max care extended warranties cover brakes? and if not i can always catch the pads before they cut into the rotors and just change pads right, no weird benz requirement? and their just normal calipers that u pull of and reload the pads right? and how much are a decent set of pads? even tho its a benz i think i can manage an oil change on it, breaks on a benz still scare me and the extended warrenty should cover everything else...(if this thing was a jeep i could do a frame off restore but the fact that its german scares me)!
The Benz brakes are as easy or easier than just about any American car. Many guys on here have changed their own pads because the original pads are the dustiest you will ever see in your lifetime. The front are exactly the same to work on as a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The rears are the easiest you will ever see. You just pull a single to replace the pads. Their is no removal of the caliper required and no piston to screw back in like just about every other american car.

Last edited by LantanaTX; 10-10-2007 at 07:26 AM.