View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 08:17 AM
AllX'dUp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: New to crossfires!

We've been in the Crossfire 3 months now and loving it! If purchased through a dealer Chrysler will pick up an extended bumper to bumper warranty for you and so far they've been great. They have replaced a broken script on the trunk, rubber bumper and pierced speaker grill for me all due to the previous owner. In my experience plan on replacing the tires right off the bat or at least get them checked over good. I hit 140 mph on a secluded stretch of highway right after purchase then got the low tire pressure warning light a couple days later. Went to my tire dealer and found that the speed rated tires had plugs in them from the previous owner...also had the alignment checked and the two fronts were out as well as the rear left ($70 at the dealer).
My experience so far too has been great with this dealer. I bought the Xfire at one dealer and I get it serviced/upgraded at their sister dealer on the other side of town...they have been great about parts and labor prices for me since they know I am showing the car...so find a dealer you can work with and will work with you, you can't go wrong.
So far I have added the lighted door sills, trunk organizer, premium floor mat's, wheel locks, Chrysler script first aid kit, Chrysler script CD case and XFi stainless travel cup. Mopar fender cover (for shows).
On the mechanical side I replaced the tires w/Michelin Pilot PS2's and had those nitrogen filled $8 per tire), Rotex Gold Brake Pads, K&N replacement filters, silicone wiper blades and we're doing some light paint touch ups today in preparation for a show on the 29th and the Tail of the Dragon run Nov 10-11...
I am keeping our car stock because it wins at car shows with nothing more than a good wipe down, LOL!
I can't remember the last time I owned a car that I wanted to bring presents home to everyday! Much to my wife's dismay & disgust...LOL!
Good luck with the thrill of the hunt...let us know what you decide...as if we didn't know already!

Terry