Old 10-25-2007, 08:23 AM
eganders
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Chrysler Max Care Extended Warranty Todk64

And there are other options too. You can get various levels of coverage (3 or 4 levels), for various terms (7 yrs and less - don't know why you'd do less though), and various miles - 50k, 60k, 70k, 85k or 100k. Relevant where some use it as a daily driver and some as a weekend ride. I too think it's quite reasonable insurance given the cost of repairs.

Although it doesn't cover glass (pit's and things), I had a previous Chrysler van with a full coverage warranty just barely beyond the 7 yr/100k (actually then 4.25 yrs @ 105k). One day the glass on the back window just blew up while I was parked talking on the phone. Blam. I thought someone was shooting a gun.

I later checked the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) website. There were a few other reports of similar things happening. After initially saying it wasn't covered, I "explained" to the service manager that I didn't think it was normal for windows to just "blow up" and told him I had read of other incidents on the NHTSA site. It took a few minutes, but the svc mgr called upstream and immediately received approval to change it out at Chrysler's expense.

So was that an "undisclosed" problem? Or did already having the Max warranty help? I don't know. But if something does happen, and you think it should be covered, don't hesitate to ask for it.