Old 10-25-2007, 04:26 PM
NeverEnough
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Chrysler Max Care Extended Warranty Todk64

Originally Posted by strupgolf
I'm a bit confused, and thanks for the info. My car has a in-service date of May 30 2005. I'm the second owner. It now has 22,000 miles on it. I thought, maybe wrong, that I have the remainder of the 3/36 bumper to bumper, or around 7 months to go. Also told that I can purchase from any Chrysler dealer, for $150, the 7/70,000 warrenty on the main items. Is this wrong? I saw your quote of $2,100 or so, man that seems high. But I'm going on info that might or might not be correct. Can you help me out.
That may or may not be correct. The 7/70 transfer fee is convoluted at best. 2005 Model year cars built before 10/31/04 automatically transfer to up to the third owner with no fee at all. If the car was built AFTER that date, there is a $150 fee to transfer the 7/70 to the second owner, and the third owner can't get it at all. I think the other catch is that you have to pay the $150 fee within 30 days of purchase or your out of luck. But if it's an early '05 production then it transfers automatically. Regardless of all that, the 3/36 stays with the car no matter what, so you DO have the last 7 months of 3/36 and Loaner Car Plan. The two best ways to figure it out are to look in your Warranty Book and or call Chrysler Customer Service. Perhaps Tod could help you out with specifics.

As far as the Max Care plan, the best deal seems to be the 6 year/70,000 Extended Service Contract. $2,100 is EXTREMELY high. I was just quoted that plan for my SRT-6 for only $1,185. $2,100 is full retail, and these service plans allow for up to a 125% dealer Profit Markup, so even at $1,185, the dealer is still making a couple bucks in their pocket.