Old 05-16-2004, 12:05 AM
Danwell
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leicajh
Was it a plug and play, or did you have to find a wiring harness? Looks great..jh
No, the installer thought he had a aftermarket connector to use but it wasn't close enough so he used what he called butt connectors where he would clamp a connection to the factory wires below the factory harness and it worked fine and if you remove them it does't leave a mess, just very tiny holes in the factory wires where it penetrated to connect. Sounds scary but it really looked like a good way to install the stereo. I watched everything he did just to make sure everything went well.

People say you can use a certain VW connector if you just want to use a connector but im thinking its easier to use butt connectors which work on anything and are universal. Of course make sure your installer uses a meter to double check each wire to make sure of what is being connected. If anyone needs the Radio Schematic just ask and I will email it to you.

As far as antenna connectors, he didn't know of one that fits (Again I think a later VW type does but im not sure) so he put a motorola connector in the JVC and hooked it to the frame till I find a connector that fits. It seems to pick up stations okay but I really don't get into radio much. If anyone knows of a antenna connector that fits for sure, please mention it because I would like to get one sometime.