View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 02:29 PM
MMZ_TimeLord
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: will it move on 22's?

To each their own... but remember the various things that can and do go wrong with vehicles that have rims that size. 19s and 20s staggered have been done and there are numerous threads describing the problems with getting the TPM sensors in there.

I suspect you will HAVE to raise the car in order to roll on 22s without modifying the fenders or fender wells unless you go with 20 profile tires like i describe below.

With 255/20R22s on the rear, you will at least have the same overall height as the stock rims and your speedometer will be correct. HOWEVER... your sidewalls are only going to be 2 inches tall. Your fronts will probably be 225/20R22s and your sidewall height will be around 1.75 inches. This will raise the front of your vehicle some (half an inch) compared to stock and you will be dangerously close to the upper ball joint stud and nut. In addition, any bump on the road deeper than a half inch is probably going to bend your rim lip, especially in the fronts. Not to mention the extra stress and vibration transmitted to the wheel bearings and drive axle joints. (We all remember this vehicle has completely independent front and rear suspension right? no solid axle... but two small drive axles with CV joints.)

Then there is the issue of your unspung weight going up. Unless you get ultralight rims.

I wish you good luck in your modification but I felt it was necessary to point out some of the major issues you will have to deal with.

Cheers!