View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 07:31 PM
NeverEnough
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: will it move on 22's?

Irwin, all BS, Bitterness aside, please be careful with this. It's obviously not my taste, but that's neither here not there. Oversized wheels can be very dangerous. I've seen what can happen. There was a fatal wreck on the interstate near where I work when a Tahoe lost one of its 24" wheels in the front. The truck went out of control into the median and flipped twice. The wheel came off with the hub assemble still attached. The ball joints and tie rods completely let go from stress.

Just tonight, a car was towed into my dealership with a similar failure. I've attached the pictures. I talked to owner and he said he was only going 5 MPH through a parking lot and going over a Speed Bump when it happened. The tow truck driver verified his story, as he was in the parking lot and saw it happen. Imagine if this had happened going down the highway at 70 MPH. This car only has 20,000 miles on it and only about 15,000 with the 22's on it.

I just don't want to read about you crashing on the dragon or anything else of that nature. I' all for being different and trying new things, but please do it safely. You mentioned a light weight wheel in that size, that's sounds ok, but make sure the car's suspension, hubs, brakes and axles are in 100% good condition.