View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 07:08 AM
LantanaTX
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: V8 Crossfire Conversion Diary

Originally Posted by MAYAman
^^^LOL trust me my friend. I know. I just finished spending over 6k just on the supercharger for my Porsche and that is without a lick of labor yet. just for the kit.

I am really serious about dropping a V8 or SRT motor into my Xfire though so I really appreciate what you guys are doing.

I've always loved cars and in my almost 22 years of driving I have owned several performance cars. Not one has stayed stock yet.
Maxwell, Thanks for the link, that was a good read.

I am hoping to have the engine in my garage by nest weekend! Just as an FYI, I would love to see a new Hemi in one of these. The Hemi has a reasonably priced aftermarket for lots of added HP if needed. What some people may not know is that the Hemi uses a Mercedes transmission like ours but with a different bellhousing pattern. If you had a Hemi with the trans you could probably make the conversion work. I went Mercedes as this is initially less expensive and an easier bolt in. I also wanted to keep the car all Mercedes in spite of the Chrysler badges. I also think the Mercedes is better from a weight and balance standpoint. The Mercedes engine is all Aluminum while the Hemi uses a cast iron block. With the Mercedes I am only adding about 130 pounds to the front which is about the same difference between an SRT and N/A engine.

Last edited by LantanaTX; 11-02-2007 at 07:21 AM.