View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 10:14 AM
cruzinquick
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: AZ Crossfire Owners

At www.speedworldmotorplex.com , it's on the west side. Firebird raceway would be closer if your on the east side. Speedworld usually has open races on Friday and Saturday nights.

I put a thread on the SRT thread titled Track Times with details. I ran a 13.5, but it was 90 degrees out. I think in a few weeks when we cool down it should be better. Some guys on the Mercedes Benz forum that were there said their cars were running .4 to .5 slower than normal. So that would have put me a low 13. I'm still pleased with this time, since it was with my worst reaction time(.707). Ironically with my best reaction time (.023), I spun the tires and posted a 14.06, but still beat a porsche cayman. The launch is key with these cars. I braked and revved up to about 2,500 - 3,000 rpm and rolled a millisecond and punched it.

See you out there. I'll try to remember to send you a message the next time I go out. It was a first for me, and was a blast. I have a few old chevys and love to fix them up, but have never raced them. They are usually more show then go. That's what I love about this car, no one expects it to run how fast it does. I had a few guys come after a run and wanted me to open the hood to see what I've done to it. Sorry guys it's all stock. They were surprised.

Cruzinquick