Old 05-18-2004, 01:05 PM
perple76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connectors and Adapters

I initially got this information from DFWSBR, so a shout out to him for helping me out, first. He gave me the info, and I'm verifying its accuracy. You can get the adapter plug to plug your aftermarket radio into the stock harness at Bestbuy stores, or probably any stereo shop that carries Scosche products. The part number is VW01B - it is a VW plug but the shape and pin number are correct. It makes for an easy swap and you don't have to cut into your factory harness. I did rearrange some pins for my own purposes, just because I like uniformity in my wiring jobs, but that wouldn't necessarily be required.

The antenna adapter is 40-EU10. Sorry, I don't remember the manufacturer but again Bestbuy carries it in their installation bay. It is referred to as a European 00+ factory antenna to radio adapter. Again, it plugs right in and works just fine. The antenna adapter was $11.00, the Scosche plug was $17.00. DFWSBR has indicated this in prior posts, I'm simply verifying his information.

By the way, I used these plugs to install a Panasonic in dash DVD player and monitor, CQ-VD7500U, to be specific. Unfortunately I've already had to send the unit away for service, but the install itself went very smoothly. Good luck.